Education Week, organised by the Santillana Foundation in collaboration with the Rafael del Pino Foundation, aims to contribute to improving education. On this occasion, the reflection focused on the role that technology should play, a powerful resource that helps schools to improve learning and the development of skills.
Education Week was organised according to the following programme:
Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 19:00 - Improving Education
Presentation of the Basic Document. Technology for the improvement of education
- Francesc Pedró, Head of UNESCO's Division of Sectoral Policies, ICTs and Education
- Xavier Prats, Director General for Education and Culture of the European Commission
- Montserrat Gomendio, Spain's Secretary of State for Education, Culture and Sport
Wednesday, 25 February 2015 at 19:00 - Education in a Changing World
- Ehe impact of ICTs on society. Francisco Ruiz Antón, Director of Public Policy and Institutional Relations, Google Spain and Portugal
– Studies in the digital age. Andrés Sandoval-Hernández, Head of the Research and Analysis Unit of the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement 8IEA).
– The role of education in building Spain's future. César Molinas, founding partner of the consultancy Multa Paucis
Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 19:00 - The answers of education
– Innovative education to meet the demands of the 21st century. Dirk Van Damme, Director of the OECD Centre for Research and Innovation.
– Resources: media and content. Jan Hylén, Education Consultant
– Innovation, technologies and the teaching profession. Francisco López Rupérez, President of the Consejo Escolar del Estado.