On 13 April 2015, the Rafael del Pino Foundation organised the Keynote Lecture by David Roberts, Vice President of Singularity University "Disruptive Innovation and Global Impact... from Spain".
The keynote speech was followed by a dialogue in which participants took part:
- Ignacio Hernández Medrano: Founder of Savana
- Luis González-Blanch: Founder of Global Incubator
- Pablo de Manuel Triantafilo: Founder of Global Incubator and Pull Approach
- Miguel Ángel Luengo: Founder of MalariaSpot
- Juan Martínez Barea: Founder of Universal DX and Ambassador for Spain of Singularity University (moderator)
David Roberts is considered one of the world's leading experts in disruptive technology, artificial intelligence and biomechanical engineering. He has led entrepreneurial projects with investments exceeding $100 million from Kleiner Perkins, Vinod Khosla, Cisco, Oracle, Accenture and In-Q-Tel, and has led several start-ups in cloud-based software, education, healthcare and risk management. The success stories of his start-ups are continuously studied in the most prestigious business schools. He was a Special Agent in the Intelligence Service and a decorated officer in the US Army, and in the military he was responsible for several projects related to satellite-based space systems, unmanned aerial vehicle systems and analysis fusion centres. His fascination with technology began when, as students, he built a vacuum-powered electric drone to carry his sister to the bus stop.